Q: my trans malfunction warning light came on and 1st and second gear is slow. what can i do

my trans malfunction warning light came on and 1st and second gear is slow. what can i do

When a module illuminates a warning light, generally there is a fault code that accompanies it. there can be many reasons for the concern like a low fluid level or a failing internal transmission component. Fluid leaks are common as vehicles age.

Have the fault code pulled it may tell what’s going on. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to properly diagnose your warning light and address the problem from there. Good luck.

3. my trans malfunction warning light came on and 1st and second gear is slow. what can i do