Q: my trans malfunction warning light came on and 1st and second gear is slow. what can i do

my trans malfunction warning light came on and 1st and second gear is slow. what can i do

When a module illuminates a warning light, generally there is a fault code that accompanies it. there can be many reasons for the concern like a low fluid level or a failing internal transmission component. Fluid leaks are common as vehicles age.

Have the fault code pulled it may tell what’s going on. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to properly diagnose your warning light and address the problem from there. Good luck.

• my trans malfunction warning light came on and 1st and second gear is slow. what can i do