Q: Coolant light is on almost always

My car has 125,000 miles on it and runs fine generally. The issue is that the coolant light is almost always on. The mechanic said that the coolant is contaminated with oil. I was advised to get rid of the car. Is there any solution to this issue? Thank you.

If you have the GS model, that means you have the supercharged version of the 3.8L engine. The naturally aspirated 3.8L has problems with the intake gasket leaking, which results in coolant/oil intermix. However, the supercharged version is not as prone to intake gasket leaks.

The more likely problem is a leaking head gasket or cracked head, which are much more serious repairs. I suggest you have a trained professional, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the Coolant Light issue firsthand to pinpoint the problem. Then you can decide whether or not the vehicle is worth repairing.

3. Coolant light is on almost always