Q: How to repair the P2238 trouble code in my car

I have P2238 error coming up and I need it repaired.

Hi there. This P2238 code is set when the engine computer detects a short circuit on the heater for the 02 or AF sensor.The short is generally in the sensor itself and replacement corrects the condition. However, there could be a short in the wire harness or inside the engine computer.

A digital volt/ohm meter can be used to check the heater resistance of bank 1 sensor 1 02/AF sensor. If it is lower then specified, then replace the sensor. Further inspection may be needed if the wire harness or engine computer are at fault.

YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a Check Engine Light inspection and O2/AF sensor replacement as necessary. Best of luck.

3. How to repair the P2238 trouble code in my car