Q: My blower motor is bad, should i replace the resistor also?

the blower motor works if I hit it but otherwise it is out, it has never worked on any of the settings when it goes out, and when it has kicked on I can use any setting before it goes out again. should I replace the resistor too?

A: Hello. We do suggest that you replace the r...

Hello. We do suggest that you replace the resistor at the same time. It may not be critical, but this will keep the system more uniform. The issue may even be related to the resistor. If you know that it is not related to the issue, then you do not have to replace it. Although it would make sure the motor works at its prime. The motor only working when you tap it, typically means the issue is a faulty motor. These kinds of small motors can bind up causing a laps in function. Once you tap them, they unbind, and can function normally until they find themselves in the same position. Typically it is due to poor manufacturing. Not all parts make it out of the assembly line in perfect condition. If you want to have this checked, a certified technician can come to your location to inspect the blower motor and replace it if necessary.