Q: My car won't stay on

Everytime i try to start my buick century it wont stay completely on and sometimes sound like its backfiring but i just replaced the spark plugs and wires also put in there right then i noticed one of my vacuum wires on top dont want to stay in its place

A: Hi there. Assuming the backfiring was takin...

Hi there. Assuming the backfiring was taking place prior to replacing the spark plugs and spark plug wires. This would lead me to believe there is a valve train related issue. Possibly, a broken intake valve spring. This would account for the vacuum line that doesn't want to stay in place. A compression test and cylinder leakage test would prove this fault. There any many possibilities for an engine backfiring. I recommend having your vehicle's stalling problem diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.