Q: Hearing a clunking noise while turning the steering wheel

Hearing a clunking noise while turning the steering wheel on both sides rotation for the past three days.

Hi there. This sounds like you have axle failure. Look under the car where the axle boots are and see if the boots are torn, leaking, or missing. Also look for grease that may have been leaked; usually all around the area where the boot is located. This grease is the lubricant that was being held in by the axle boots to keep the moving parts of the axle ends lubricated. When the grease runs low or is gone, bearing failure occurs inside and is noted by a clicking; usually while turning. As the damage worsens, it becomes a clunking or clacking while turning. Eventually, while driving, the bearing failure completely occurs and the vehicle will not move. The only remedy for this condition at this stage is axle replacement. YourMechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an inspection that will look into your clicking noise while turning and/or axle replacement.

3. Hearing a clunking noise while turning the steering wheel