Q: I have a 2000 Nissan Altima and for some reason it is having a problem accelerating. When i push the gas pedal it wont go sometime

asked by on July 08, 2017

I have a 2000 nissan altima that i got about a year ago and really its a pretty good car for as old as it is with 180000 miles on it. For the last week or so it acts like its having problems accelerating on and off and when its on the highway it absolutely will not go over 60mph. It doesnt act like its going to die at all. Also when it wont let me accelerate at the same time the odometer jumps. Do you have any ideas of what this could be? I had someone tell me maybe its the fuel filter but they werent no mechanic. Please help i would really appreciate your input

Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump. Other things like a vacuum leak or faulty ignition components such as bad spark plugs or spark plug wires may also cause this kind of hesitation when accelerating. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.