Q: What does the Master warning light on the dash mean?

What does the Master warning light on the dash mean?

The Master Warning Light is usually accompanied by another warning light, and indicates that one or more warning systems have been detected. The Master Warning Light ranges in its levels of significance and severity. It is important to check your vehicle before operating it, to try and determine the cause of the Master Warning Light. If you are unable to make a determination as to the cause of the Master Warning Light, it would be a good idea to have it diagnosed to check if there is a serious issue present that needs to be addressed immediately.

Dashboard indicator lights and their meaning may differ depending on the make and model of a vehicle, but the following are some potential reasons for why the Master Warning Light may be on in the dashboard:

• Low tire pressure
  • Low fuel
  • Low washer fluid
  • Low coolant
  • Low battery voltage
  • A door is ajar
  • The parking brake is still engaged
  • Headlights have been left on
  • The fuel cap is loose or missing

If you are having trouble figuring out why this light is on, you can have a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your Master Warning Light to have this issue resolved.