Q: Code P1260

asked by on February 20, 2016

I put a new control module in, and I am now getting a P1260 code, which has something to do with the alarm. I was told I need to get it flashed to pair with the key. When I bought the control module, I had it flashed at the factory, but apparently it needs done again.

Hi. The Ford security system has multiple modules that all need to have the same key code saved in order to start the engine. If the unit was flashed at the factory without being inside the car, there is a chance that the modules aren’t communicating the same code to each other. You most likely need to have the system reprogrammed at a Ford dealership as they have the correct scan tool to communicate with the car.