Q: Rattling from timing chain tensioner

I can hear a rattling on top of the motor where the timing chain tensioner is.

A: Hello. Ford motors commonly have a problem ...

Hello. Ford motors commonly have a problem with the timing chain making noise over time. Most of the time, the problem is that the timing chain guides are worn out. This could be causing the timing chain to hit metal and could also explain the rattling noise you are hearing. It may be necessary to have your timing chain, timing chain guides, and timing chain tensioner replaced. A certified technician should take a look at your vehicle to properly pinpoint and fix the noise that you're hearing.