Q: Power steering makes a soft "click" sound while driving and then goes out.

Power Steering makes a soft "click" sound while driving and goes out. To get it back, one needs to stop, shut the engine off, and restart. You hear the soft "click" again and the power steering returns but only temporally and the duration on time it remains on is variable - a minute or less if driving slow and up to 15+ minutes at higher speeds.

Any clues what the problem is?

Thanks!

Jeff

A: Depending on the model of Saturn that you h...

Depending on the model of Saturn that you have, the vehicle may have electric power steering. If the vehicle has electric power steering, it is possible that an electrical fault may exist. This fault could be located in the relay, the rack and pinion, the wiring, or the control module. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having the power steering system inspected by a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, who is proficient in electric power steering diagnosis. Once this inspection has been performed, you will then have an idea of the cause of this issue and a cost to repair.