Q: 2 year old battery not holding charge

I am not driving this car much so I have a Trickle Charger/Maintainer on it about once a week to hold the charge. I've noticed this week that after a full charge, the battery within a few hours loses it's charge according to the charger and the car won't start. The interior lights and headlights come on, so I can't understand what might be causing an amp drawer to explain this condition. I would appreciate your input. Thank you.

A: Hi there: In most cases a two year old bat...

Hi there:

In most cases a two year old battery should maintain a charge; however, the frequent trickle charging might be the reason why the battery is having difficulty. This process should only be done on a monthly basis for vehicles that don't run often. It's actually better to simply start the car and let it run for 10 minutes once per week. Another possible issue is that you may have an open current somewhere that is drawing battery power. The best thing to do is to have a mobile mechanic complete a battery won't hold a charge inspection to determine why you're having these issues.