Q: Get a code P0743, car has a very slow pick up from stop position.

asked by on May 29, 2016

Get a code P0743, car has a very slow pick up from stop position as it starts in gear #3 or #4? lockup solenoid A (black connector) was replaced, with no change. I can get a normal pick up by putting it manually in gear #1 and as I built up speed move it to Gear #2. NO change from #2 to #3 to #4. The D also flashes. Please advise . Thanks

The code is for the torque converter clutch solenoid or circuit problem. The solenoid and the wiring will need to be tested following the manufacture pinpoint test to see if the solenoid is bad or the wiring or computer is at fault. The most common problem is the solenoid is bad and would need replaced. I recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your acceleration problem for a proper diagnosis and repair.