Q: My power steering pump pulley broke into pieces but pump spins freely, do I just need to replace the pulley?

Was driving and heard noise under hood then power steering pump pulley breaks into pieces. Pump spins freely - is pump good and do I just need to put on new pulley?

Hi Bridgett. Thanks for contacting us today. When a pump spins freely as you’ve indicated, it’s usually best to replace the pump, as it’s possible that damage has been done to the pump when the pulley broke.

3. My power steering pump pulley broke into pieces but pump spins freely, do I just need to replace the pulley?