Q: After new battery and alternator, truck won't start

I have a new alternator, new battery, and a good starter, but the battery is continuously dying. At a local auto shop, I was told that everything was okay, but the very next day, my truck won’t start. It is around 5 times that this has happened. They did say that there might be a battery drain and to go back if it happened again. Sure it happened again! What do you think is happening and can you tell me please, what will correct this?

Hello! It sounds as if your have a parasitic drain present. I would have a technician perform a parasitic draw test on the vehicle. It should be fairly easy to isolate the circuit that is draining the battery by performing this test. An easy way to perform such test is by connecting a digital multimeter to the battery then pulling fuses one by one to way for drastic reading changes.

If you need some assistance with this check, contact a certified mechanic who can diagnose your battery problems firsthand and make the necessary repairs a your own convenience.