Q: Mercedes-Benz E420 battery dies if not driven every day. When I turn the key it tries, then just clicks

asked by on April 01, 2017

If I don't drive every day, my battery dies. It tries to turn over, dash lights come on and sounds like a blower or fan also, but then just clicks.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. Thanks for writing in today. In many cases, when your car will not start unless you drive it daily, it’s due to the fact that there is some parasitic drain from the battery. Essentially this means that an electrical component is continually drawing power from the battery while the engine is shut off. In many cases, this is due to a faulty ground wire or relay issue. The best way to resolve this issue is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a battery will not hold a charge inspection.