Q: Bad jerk clunk at speed from rear?

Today doing 55 and all of a sudden real bad jerk and clunk, happened twice. No engine/trans problems runs like a dream. Felt like something from the rear. Like I said all guages good, no other issues. Never happened before, owned it 15 years. Any ideas? It has always given a little kick back from rear-end when stopping if that helps.

This is a common issue when driveshaft u-joints begin to fail. When there is too much clearance in the U-joints to the drive shaft, this type of clunking sound and slight kick back when stopping will occur. This is a result of the transfer of torque resonating from the transmission through the drive shaft to the rear end. This type of problem will get worse with time. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and replace the u-joints.

3. Bad jerk clunk at speed from rear?