Q: no key detected

asked by on February 05, 2017

Tried to start my car but it said no key detected all the lights and radio came on but the car did not start tried to unhook the battery but nothing worked not sure what's going on. Just got a new battery in August of 2016. Even the windows are rolling up and down. Even tried letting it set for a while, but still nothing. Before this had happened my engine light was on but after a few hours it went off.

Hi there. It’s quite possible that your key’s battery has worn out; which typically causes this issue to occur. When your battery dies in your key you should be able to start your car as normally for a while. The trick is to try to start your car as normal but have the key fob hovering on top of the push start button while you’re pressing it. Try to replace your key battery and see if this resolves your issue. If this doesn’t help, you can contact one of our mobile mechanics to complete a car is hard to start inspection.