Q: Front driver side wheel squealing while driving

Had brakes and rotors done on my truck. Started making a high pitched squealing noise while driving. Gets quieter while applying the brakes

A: The fact that it gets quieter when you appl...

The fact that it gets quieter when you apply the brakes is a pretty good sign it is a brake issue.

It is very common for small pieces of brake hardware, which are made of thin sheet metal, to get bent when doing a brake job or just removing and installing brake components.

When you apply the brakes, the pads move into the rotors along with all the components that hold the pads into place. When the brake hardware that has been bent rubs against the rotor, you get a squeal. The squeal could even be from the backing plate dust shield.

In any of these situations, the hardware will normally still do its job. The only problem is the noise, which as you know, can be quite annoying.

Since it sounds as though someone else did the brakes for you, take it back to them and give them the opportunity to make it right. We all make mistakes and most shops will take care of you quickly.

Good luck!