Traction control light nv3500 nissan v6-4.0l 2012

Q: Traction control light

asked by on November 06, 2017

Issue: The vehicle randomely turns on the ABS (Or traction light,the little car with road swiggles) signal and then does not allow acceleration past the first transmission. Symbol only lights up when driving slowly, if the van picks up speeds past first transmission before the symbol lights up the car works perfect. Resetting the Battery is only a temporary fix as ive done it several times. I have also attempted driving with the Traction OFF button turned on to see if it would prevent the ABS symbol from not popping up but it seems to have 0 effect. Note: its South Florida the only thing i deal with that may slightly affect traction is mild off roading on dirt.

Your vehicle is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information simultaneously to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.