Q: How do I maintain the leather interior?

How do I maintain the leather interior?

If your car is equipped with genuine leather, you need to take special precautions when cleaning it. The wrong cleaner can actually stain your upholstery, and some may damage it. Here’s what you need to know:

1. Gently vacuum your leather seats to remove loose dust and dirt.

2. Use care when vacuuming in the pleats and around seams so you don’t accidentally tear the leather.

3. Clean your leather with a mixture that is 10% gentle soap, and 90% water.

4. Buff the leather after cleaning it using a dry cloth.

5. If you use a leather conditioner, test it on a small, inconspicuous section first to check if it discolors the upholstery.

3. How do I maintain the leather interior?