Q: Distributor gear is missing teeth

If my distributor gear is missing teeth, do I need to replace them?

Distributor Rotor and Cap Replacement $103.97 - $279.74 Get a Quote

The teeth themselves cannot be replaced on a distributor. If the teeth are missing the whole distributor will need to be replaced. It is also a good idea to have your spark plugs and wires replaced at the same time. Ensure that this job is performed by a professional to avoid the ignition timing from being out of specification. If this issue is not repaired, the engine may not run smoothly and could potentially cause permanent damage to the engine.