Q: Red fluid leaking from the front of the car

My car is leaking a red fluid from the front of a car. Is it a big issue? Can I refill it periodically?

A: It depends on how fast it is leaking and wh...

It depends on how fast it is leaking and what fluid is leaking.

It could be power-steering fluid. If it's leaking a little power-steering fluid, it can be so expensive to fix, but you can choose to either have the leak repaired or keep adding fluid.

If it's transmission fluid, as long as it shifts okay, you can keep checking the fluid and adding it to keep it up, but realize with transmissions, if you do let the fluid to go to low, then it will damage the transmission and ruin it. So if it's a transmission leak, you might want to think about fixing that. That's more important.

I recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your fluid leak to determine what actions would be best for you to take.