Q: Belts making noise.

The engine in my car makes a noise near the belts. Also, the automatic side door will not close all the way.

A: Hi there. A noise from the belts can be ver...

Hi there. A noise from the belts can be very annoying. If it is a very high pitched noise then you may have an issue with a loose or worn out belt or a bearing failure in one of the pulleys. If the noise is coming from the belt area it may also be coming from the timing belt or one of the timing pulleys. When diagnosing this, a certified mechanic like one from YourMechanic, would remove the main engine drive belt and start the engine to see if the noise stops. If it does then it is one of the pulleys. If it continues then it is coming from the timing belt. Each pulley would then need to be spun by hand to isolate the noise. As for the door, the door control unit usually fails and causes this. The cable can also fail in the motor assembly keeping it from closing all of the way. The door would need to be taken apart to inspect for this.