Q: I just replaced my alternator and battery but my check charging system is still coming on my dashboard

asked by on August 20, 2017

About two weeks ago the light on my dash came in saying check charging system. I replaced the alternator and it was fine for about a week the light came up again and the car died. So I now replaced the battery. I was driving it today and the light came back on again. What's the issue?

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Barbara. There are several individual components that make up the charging system and can trigger a battery light to illuminate. Some of the most common parts that trigger a warning light, including the voltage regulator, one of the multiple electrical wires or faulty battery cables. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete a battery light inspection to pinpoint the source of this problem, so you ensure the right repairs can be completed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr