Would a leaking exhaust manifold cause a catalytic conver...

Q: Would a leaking exhaust manifold cause a catalytic converter code?

asked by on February 12, 2018

I'm throwing a catalyst converter code and was wondering if a leaking exhaust manifold gasket could be causing this or is it a bad catalytic converter for sure?

A leaking exhaust will cause excessive oxygen to get into the exhaust and cause the O2 sensors to detect this and will set a code for the leak. I suggest getting leak repaired and then recheck the system to see if code returns before replacing the sensor or convertor.