Q: Check Engine Light is flashing. My truck only starts after 5 seconds - 2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Truck has engine light flashing and wont start right away . Starts after 5 seconds but engime light flashing stops after few secpnds and flashes again

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. When the Check Engine Light flashes, it means that there is an intermittent problem making the light flash on and off. When the light flashes, it is best to pull off the road and wait until the light goes out. This is a small problem that could lead to a large problem.

Get a code reader and check to see what codes are currently stored and what codes are pending. Then, determine what needs to be replaced based on the codes. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your engine, then seek out a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to your location, check the computer for the engine codes, and perform any necessary repairs.

• Check Engine Light is flashing. My truck only starts after 5 seconds - 2006 Dodge Ram 1500