Q: How often to change the oil related to mileage

Talk about the time and mileage and changing the engine oil. Should I change the oil a lot before it reaches the limit? Like half the time of the mileage that it says on the manual in order to aid any problems?

Basically you have three choices for changing the oil. My advice is, if you drive in the city all the time like I do, and you don’t drive much, then change your oil using regular oil. Change it every 3,000 miles or every six months.

If you want to change it less, buy some synthetic oil. If you don’t drive much, change it every 5,000 miles or twice a year. Or, if you drive a lot of miles, and a lot of it is highway drive, you can get full-synthetic oil and change it every 10,000 miles or once a year. Because when you get on the highway, and you drive fast, it doesn’t ruin the oil or get it dirty.

If you are curious, change your oil before going on a vacation, if you are going to some place like California that is 1,500 miles away and it’s a 3,000-mile trip. Change oil before the trip and drive it back and forth. Check the oil when you get home. A lot of times, it would still be whistle clean because, on a highway, it doesn’t get dirty. It’s usually the stop-and-go traffic that makes the oil get dirty.

If you want to have your oil changed while you’re at work or when you are siting back and relaxing at your home, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your house to change your oil for you.

3. How often to change the oil related to mileage