Q: Popping noises in gear shift - 2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS63 AMG

I have had three CLS63s and my 3rd one is having popping noises when I shift the gears. I am thinking that perhaps it is blow off from the waistgate. In your experience, what is causing this popping in the gear shift?

Hello. Usually transmission popping noises are caused by issues with the transmission, however there are many possibilities. The first thing I would check, is to see if this vehicle has a dipstick that allows you to check the fluid. I would check the fluid, as low transmission fluid can cause all sorts of noises and malfunctions. If the fluid level is okay, then it may be possible that there is an issue with the transmission itself. As the CLS63 AMG is a high performance luxury vehicle, I would recommend having a professional technician properly diagnose the noise and advise on repairs.