Q: Car won't even turn over.

The car will not start. It is probably the starter as it has a brand new battery. The car will not even try to turn over.

Hello, the first thing to check is the base engine and make sure it will rotate by hand with a ratchet and socket. If the engine doesn’t turn, further diagnosis will be need done to see why the engine won’t rotate. If the engine rotates, power to the starter motor will need to be checked. There are two wires at the starter, a large wire from the battery and a smaller wire that has power when the starter is commanded to on to start the engine. If there is no power at the smaller wire the circuit will have to traced to find an open circuit, faulty relay, fuse or switch. You may need the aid of mechanic to perform electrical test of the starter circuit.

3. Car won't even turn over.