Q: My 2003 Saturn Vue is having clutch issues

asked by on November 08, 2016

I was driving along started going down a small hill to a stop sign so i put car in neutral. When i reached stop sign i Tried to put my vehicle in gear and it was hard to put in gear all the way up to 5th gear i struggled and felt that there was a difference in clutch and went about 3 or so miles came to a stop light and car would not go into gear at all... I checked the fluid had to add just a tiny tiny bit then i bled the line car ran less than a day and now i have complete loss of clutch

Clutch is not fully disengaging Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - most likely your clutch hydraulic system has worn out. If fluid leaks on the ground under front driver side of the car (clear fluid, but oil film on the fingers), the clutch slave cylinder has worn out, or there is a leak in the fluid line. If there is fluid on the carpet of the driver side floor mat, the clutch master cylinder is worn out. Best to replace both at once if one or the other is worn out - they tend to wear out at a similar rate. I would recommend having a clutch is not fully disengaging inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr