Q: Q: The car starts by itself!!!!

Have found the car running twice now with doors locked ,no key in ignition and ignition in off position. Car inly cut off after hitting brake pedal

Hi there. In order for an engine to start, the ignition relay needs to send an electric signal to activate the fuel system, ignition system and eventually the starter to crank the motor. This happens in three possible ways. First, you insert the key into ignition and turn the key. Second, you have a remote starter that activates this process. Third, an exposed wire on the ignition relay shorts out and completes this process. If you’re sure that you don’t have a remote starter and that someone is ’playing a prank on you’, or possibly has a similar vehicle near your home with an identical remote frequency (highly unlikely), then the only possible explanation (besides a ghost) would be the exposed wire. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical problems inspection.

3. Q: The car starts by itself!!!!