Q: Can this van's alternator be put in a 2004 chevy impala?

Hello, I have gone from a 2003 dodge caravan to a 2004 chevy impala, I put a brand ne battery in the impala but the alternator drained the power from it and it shut off in traffic. Before I buy a new alternator, I will check to make sure wires are tight, if so Id like to know if my old van's one, will fit in the chevy. thanks

The alternators on the two vehicles are not compatible with each other. The computers on these vehicles control the alternator charge rates and you could have a computer problem and should have the system diagnosed by a qualified mechanic like one from YourMechanic to diagnose the charging system.

3. Can this van's alternator be put in a 2004 chevy impala?