Q: Can I go to a trip through the state with the following problems with my car?

Hello! My name is Marina. I bought a car 6 months ago and few months ago the check sign had appeared. The code is P0741. I was at the Toyota center for a multi point inspection and they found these problems with my car: they recommend to replace trans axle, valve cover gasket was leaking and chain tensioner was leaking. They said nothing actually, just gave me papers. I did a research but I am a girl and it is really hard to understand how it works. I am going on vacation in 3 days and I will be driving my car all the time visiting all National Parks of California. And the question is: Is it safe to drive with these problems? When I come back will it be very expensive to fix everything? What would you recommend? Thank you.

You should ask the shop that gave you the estimate since they quoted you to replace the transaxle. The transaxle problem may be something that could leave you stranded and cost thousands of dollars to replace this part. The car may not be reliable to drive long distances. I would recommend getting the reason for the transaxle needs replaced and then go from there.

• Can I go to a trip through the state with the following problems with my car?