Q: Horn only works intermittently

asked by on March 19, 2016

Horn quit working. Not fuse. Occasionally it works. One mechanic said I need to replace it. Why replace it if it works sometime?

Hey there. It sounds like the horn switch is on it’s way out if you are having an intermittent issue. Another way to tell would be to see if the horn sounds with the panic button on the key fob. If the horn works from the fob, the problem is with the horn switch in the steering wheel or the wiring to the switch itself. I recommend having a certified mechanic take a look to pinpoint the problem with your horn and make the necessary fix.