Q: I have a 2005 Impala keeps overheating and air blows thru vents when the switch is off

asked by on December 04, 2017

My Impala keeps overheating, I have replaced the water pump and thermostat. Also I have flushed it twice I took it to Merchants for a look and they did a pressure test everything was good they said it needed to be flushed but I had already done it twice so after that I flushed it again and it's still overheating. It was also a lot of air in there I lifted both air bubble valves until there was no more air coming out only antifreeze was coming out so I don't know what my problem could be

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It could be that there is a problem in the radiator. They are subject to buildup of minerals that lower their cooling capacity. One way to check if there might be a problem with the radiator is to turn the heater on high while you are driving the car and see if the temperature gauge goes down. If it does, than that usually means the radiator lacks efficiency. You can have the overheating problem checked out conveniently by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your overheating Impala and recommend a fix.