Q: Popping sound when turning

I hear a popping noise when I make a turn or go over a speed bump.Even though my Check Engine light is not on, I feel like the car is not running right. I think my car might need a tune-up or oil change as it is using a lot of gas.

Going over a bump puts extra strain on your suspension parts. The joint that the wheels move up and down on are the main issue when you hear popping over bumps and gag through turns. I would have your suspension inspected. There could be problems with a worn out ball joint also. As for the extra consumption of fuel, this could be due to the lack of efficiency of the fuel being burned. A tune up would be the route I would go to resolve this common issue.