Q: Replace Radiator - do I need to purge/recharge the AC system?

When replacing the radiator, do I need to purge the AC system? Or can I leave the AC system all in tact and not purge/recharge it?

Hello. When replacing the radiator, you do have to mess with the condenser a little bit, but you do not need to disconnect it or remove it. The first step when it comes to the condenser is to remove the bolt that attaches the two. This is just a brace to minimize vibration and add stability. Then there is a clip on the radiator that holds the condenser lines in place. This clip will have to be removed. When removing the radiator itself, you will need to GENTLY guide the condenser out of the way to have clearance. Again you do not need to remove it, but it will have enough play to carefully move it up an inch or so. Again, you do not need to remove or purge the A/C system after replacing the radiator.