Q: Can you direct me to a how to video on how to change a coolant by-pass valve on a 2014 ford escape

asked by on February 02, 2017

My 2014 Ford Escape engine light on. P26B7 is the code. Says it's a coolant bypass valve. Need to know where it is. Maybe a video on it as well.

In order to change the coolant bypass valve, you will first need to locate the thermostat housing. Once the thermostat housing has been located, the bypass hose is going to be the smaller hose that goes into the thermostat housing. The larger hose is going to be a radiator hose. The bypass hose will be held on by two hose clamps that can be removed with a screwdriver or a pair of pliers depending on the type of clamps. The installation is reverse of removal.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr