Q: Car started losing oil and wouldn't accelerate

I was driving down the street when I stopped at the light. When I proceed to go I couldn't gain any acceleration . I noticed my car smoking so I got out and noticed I was rapidly losing oil. All the while my car was still running, and still starts up

Hello, thanks for writing in. I think you are most fortunate, assuming you have driven no further! Check for a missing oil pan drain plug, or a loose oil filter, unless you have clipped a curb or sustained other highway debris damage that has punctured your engine or transmission oil pan. An engine will run for seconds with no oil, but damage occurs by the second.

The lack of acceleration is a possible indication of either the engine seizing (if the leaking fluid is brown), or lack of hydraulic pressure in the transmission (if the fluid is pink).

I would recommend having a oil leak inspected completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can come to the vehicles current location, ASAP, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs - before other damage occurs.

3. Car started losing oil and wouldn't accelerate