Q: After filling my car up with gas, it has a labored start

After I fill up my car with gas, it has a labored start before starting normally. I purchased a new fuel cap to resolve the Check Engine light, but this didn't solve the problem.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I would first retrieve the trouble codes, to see if that can shed some light on what the issue may be. If this problem occurred only after you filled up, then it may possibly be a problem with the type of fuel you used. However, a Check Engine light and labored starting can be caused by a wide variety of reasons. I suggest having a certified technician inspect your vehicle’s Check Engine light issue to get a proper diagnosis on the problem in order to move onto any necessary repairs.