Q: My new key won't start my car.

Lost my car key and broke my spare. I ordered a valet key from BMW that i was told would run my car fine but i couldn't get in the trunk. I got the key today but now my car won't start with this key. I called BMW and they said the key should work and that its probably something wrong with my care. but my car was fine before I just broke my original. The key they gave me goes in the ignition and turns all the way and turns on my lights but does't actually start up.

It is very likely that there is some sort of programming that is necessary to be done on the key in order to get it to start the vehicle. This is perhaps a procedure that the associate you spoke with from BMW was unfamiliar with. I would recommend contacting them and asking if there is any sort of programming necessary to get your key to work.

3. My new key won't start my car.