Q: Transmission rebuild cost

asked by on September 21, 2016

Is $2900 a reasonable qoute for a rebuilt transmission for a 2008 chevy impala? This was estimate said it woukd be rebuilt using new chevy parts.

I just did a quick E-bay search and found this: (06-10 Chevy Impala 3.5L 4T65E w/ Converter, Remanufactured 3 year 100,000 mile Warr, Free Converter, NO CORE CHARGE) for a $1,475.00 plus a $300.00 shipping charge. Then there would be labor charges on top of that. What you have to do is evaluate the quote for warranty length and then consult nearby transmission shops for their labor charges. It’s possible that you were quote you were given was for rebuilding your transmission.