Q: 2000 Ford Taurus LX won't shift out of park and I have replaced the brake switch,neutral safety switch,and gear shift cable but it still will not work.

asked by on April 25, 2017

car wont shift from park i have changed brake light switch,gear shift cable,and neutral safety switch but car still has no brake lights and wont move from park

Hello. If the issue persists after replacing these parts then you have a voltage issue. You are losing the voltage to this circuit. Most of the time there is a break in the wire going into the shifter. I would need to diagnose the circuit to find the issue. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why it will not shift from park] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-does-not-shift-from-park-to-drive-inspection