Q: Crankshaft position sensor code came on again after it was repair. The codes was clear

Crankshaft position error code p0336 I got all the repairs done for crankshaft sensor.car rides smooth. Everything checks out fine, even the mass airflow sensor. The only problem with car is the gas gauge doesn't read. The previous owner said there's a gas flow problem. I tried to tell the mechanic but he doesn't understand. Is there the reason why I'm getting p0336? The codes were clear

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. The fuel gaug...

Hello, thanks for writing in. The fuel gauge is usually controlled by the fuel sending unit. The fuel sending unit is a fuel system component that is located in the gas tank. It reads the level of the fuel in the gas tank and sends the signal to the gauge. For your particular model of vehicle it appears that the fuel sending unit is built into the fuel pump, which means that the fuel pump may have to be replaced in order to restore functionality to the gauge. In regards to code P0336, if it persists even after the sensor has been replaced then it may be possible that the issue is related to the sensor's wiring or to the computer.

If you would still like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.