$125.62 - $449.32
Auto mechanic school can be a smart option if you are looking to expand your skill set, make yourself more marketable to employers, and increase your auto mechanic salary. Below we will discuss how you can become certified to work on Buick vehicles at Buick dealerships, other service centers, and automotive technician jobs.
The Universal Technical Institute (UTI) and GM
The Universal Technical Institute (UTI) has joined with General Motors to develop a 12-week curriculum. The great news is that by enrolling in the program you will receive training on not only Buick vehicles but all vehicles manufactured by General Motors. This includes Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC brands. The program consists of 60 online course credits and 11 course credits taught by a certified GM instructor. You will also need to complete 45 supplemental online enrichment course credits, thereby making your learning experience as well rounded as possible.
Throughout the GM Technician Career Training program, you’ll receive training in:
- Interpreting and understanding vehicle diagnostics, electrical diagnosis, vehicle networks, supplemental restraints, and body controls
- GM Electrical and Electronics Systems
- Chassis controls, steering and suspension systems, high-tech vehicle handling and stability systems
- General Motors braking systems, which includes diagnosis and service of advanced braking systems and controls
- The 6.6L Duramax™ diesel engine that is used in current GM trucks
- Maintenance services and multi-point vehicle inspections
- Servicing and diagnosing GM ventilation, heating, and air conditioning systems
- Engine repair, which includes the complete range of current GM precision measurements and repair procedures
- Diagnosing engine performance and emission systems of General Motors vehicles using the GM Global Diagnostic System
General Motors Fleet Technical Training
If you are currently employed at a GM dealership or your business maintains a fleet of GM vehicles, you are eligible to receive Buick certified training through the General Motors Fleet Technical Training program. GM offers several Fleet Technical Training courses, each based on your fleet and the needs of your dealership.
GM Fleet Technical Training offers technical assistance and hands-on learning, along with instructor-led classes. The cost is $215 per student per day. Some of the classes offered are:
- GM Engine Performance
- GM Base Brakes and ABS
- Duramax 6600 Diesel Engine Familiarization
- Supplemental Inflatable Restraint Systems
- Tech 2 Familiarization
- GM Service Information
- Anti-Lock Brakes and Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Electrical Systems Overview and Diagnostic Principles
General Motors also offers GM Service Technical College (STC), designed to help dealerships and businesses get more technical training for their GM vehicles. If you are currently employed by a GM dealership, and you want your Buick dealership certification, you may consider enrolling in STC.
If you want to make yourself a more marketable mechanic and earn a higher salary, you may want to invest in auto mechanic school. With auto mechanic jobs becoming harder to find, you will want to give yourself an advantage on the competition. Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
If you’re already a certified mechanic and you’re interested in working with YourMechanic, submit an online application for an opportunity to become a mobile mechanic.
Schedule Brake Pad Replacement
The most popular service booked by readers of this article is Brake Pad Replacement. Yourmechanic’s technicians bring the dealership to you by performing this job at your home or office 7 days a week between 7AM-9PM. We currently cover over 10k cities and have 100k+ 5-star reviews... LEARN MORESEE PRICING & SCHEDULING