Q: Hello , one of windshield wiper works and the other don't , do you have an idea of what the issue may be?

asked by on December 01, 2016

Only one of the windshield wiper works fine and the other doesn't move at all.

Windshield Wiper/Washer System Inspection $103.14 - $137.87 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing in. The wipers are independently motored, and powered through the same switch. The power supply to the motor is either not making to that side, or the motor has failed. You should be able to hear the motor turning when turned on. If the motor is not working at all, then you want to make sure it has power. If it has a power supply, then you want to replace the motor. If the motor is making sound and movement, then you will want to replace the motor. This means the "transmission" (don’t get caught up in the name, its a very simple system) has failed and the motors power is not being diverted to the wiper arm. Look into what is going on with wiper motor, and take diagnosis from there.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr