Q: Gas pedal unresponsive, then suddenly jerks the car forward - 2015 Nissan Rogue

I have a very serious problem with the car that I consider a major safety issue. It has a CVT transmission and only 13,000 miles on it. When I'm driving and stop the car at the traffic light for instance, when it's time to accelerate, the gas pedal becomes unresponsive. I would press it, floor it but it just quits working. But, then, it would suddenly start working and the car would have such a violent jerk forward as if the RPM is over 3500. I went to the dealership and there are no error codes. The dealer doesn't know why this happens. The issue is intermittent.

Hello. The new electronic throttle systems are very sensitive to a driver using two feet to drive and if you are still touching the brakes and trying to accelerate it will not let you. This programming is due to all the problems in the past where some vehicles had problems with accelerating on their own and it could not be stopped. Now if the brakes are on the vehicle cannot be accelerated. If you are not touching the brakes, then your dealer will need to verify the problem to find a solution. Since your car is likely still under warranty, they may have these repairs covered.

3. Gas pedal unresponsive, then suddenly jerks the car forward - 2015 Nissan Rogue