Q: I have a diesel car. Can I remove my muffler?

I have a diesel car , can i delete my muffler ? Or ut will harm my car

Hi there. Depending on your state that you live in and the emissions requirements, removing the muffler may cause your vehicle to fail emissions. Plus, on a newer vehicle that has a manufactures warranty, removing the muffler completely can void the warranty for the engine and exhaust system. If you would like to have the sound of a straight pipe, I recommend replacing the muffler with a glass pack which would give you the straight pipe sound but keep your vehicle within limits of the warranty and allow the vehicle to pass emissions. If you need further assistance with your exhaust system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hi there. Today’s engines are fine-tuned from injector to the muffler. Removing the muffler will impact the OEM tune-up. If you choose to complete a muffler delete, you’ll have to first verify with your local laws whether this is legal, and second; have the emissions / fuel system tune-up electronically adjusted.

3. I have a diesel car. Can I remove my muffler?