Q: Car starts and then turns off

My car will only start for a few seconds, then turn off. It jumps and makes a noise as if there is no gas in the car. Also, the Check Engine Light is on.

I would recommend starting with having your vehicle checked for trouble codes with an OBD2 scanner. Once the codes have been pulled by a knowledgable technician, a strategic diagnosis plan can be made. The Check Engine Light code will aid tremendously in diagnosing this issue, as the trouble code will almost certainly be related to how your engine is running. You may also have an issue with your fuel system, considering your symptoms. I would recommend having your fuel system inspected, along with your Check Engine Light.